Jackup Simulator Course
Duration: 3 days
Time: 0830 – 1830
Cost: 1700 Euro
Cost includes VAT and catering.
Venue: The Gdynia Maritime School
Polska 13A str., Gdynia, Poland
Airport: GDANSK (GDN)
Min/Max number of participants: 2/10
Course dates are flexible. Please see weeks availability:
The objective of this course is to able to assess jackup stability while afloat , to be familiar with jackup elevated operation and emergency respond at normal and storm survival condition
Delivery: 40% classroom – 60% motion simulator
- Intact and damage stability requirements for jackup afloat.
- Jackup afloat stability assessment
- Safe mass allocation management.
- Jacking and associated equipment familiarization
- Site Specific Assessment process.
- Jackup legs influence on unit buoyancy.
- Preloading .
- Afloat and elevated parameters and operational limitations
- Bearing pressure capacity plot .
- RDP monitoring during elevating/lowering hull process.
- Procedure for preparation for Normal Operating , Storm Operating and Survival Storm mode .
- Practicing initial reaction to unexpected punch through.
- Practicing emergency response to other jackup unscheduled events during normal and storm survival operations i.e. leaking valves , broke down pumps, blackouts, unexpected inclinations.
Basic vessel stability concept
Upon completion of the course and passing online assessment participants will receive certificate of attendance of the course based on offshore industry recommended practices from:
- SNAME “Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers”
- “Guidelines for Site Specific Assessment of Mobile Jack-up Units”
- “Recommended Practice for Site Specific Assessment of Mobile Jack-Up Units”
- International Standards Organization Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries - Specific Requirements for Offshore Structures
- DNV GL recommendation for jackups
- ABS recommendation for jackups
- MODU Code 2009
- UK HSE
+48 601 666 352